Thursday, December 11, 2014

When Walking Together Works

Brothers and sisters, we urge you to warn those who are lazy. Encourage those who are timid. Take tender care of those who are weak. Be patient with everyone. 1 Thessalonians 5:14 NLT

What happens when we enable destructive behavior instead of challenging it? Or we scream so loud that our voices are tuned out?

What happens when we challenge the timid instead of encouraging them? When we push the weak instead of holding them up? 

Patience runs thin and we don't end up walking together for very long... 

It can only work as we yield to Jesus and approach each other in humility, even when we mess it up.

Jack was a unique character, his piercing eyes could see right through you. He challenged me when I got off track. And when he prayed for me it was as though God was holding me up, I was lifted from my fears and energized with hope. Funny, all those things could happen in the span of an hour. I was able to walk "in sync" with Jesus. Oh, for more people like Jack...

Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins (forgives and disregards the offenses of others). 1 Peter 4:8 Amplified

0 comments:

Post a Comment