Saturday, January 11, 2014

To see Thee more clearly...


Day by day,

Dear Lord, of thee three things I pray:

To see thee more clearly,

Love thee more dearly,

Follow thee more nearly,

Day by Day.
 

Many know this song from Godspell (and were reminded of it by Ben Stiller in the movie “Meet the Parents”).

Interestingly, the song was borrowed from a prayer of Saint Richard of Chichester, circa 1220 AD

Thanks be to Thee, my Lord Jesus Christ
For all the benefits Thou hast given me,
For all the pains and insults Thou hast borne for me.
O most merciful Redeemer, friend and brother,
May I know Thee more clearly,
Love Thee more dearly,
Follow Thee more nearly


Seeing Jesus more clearly is the impetus for our new message series at Smoky Hill Vineyard, “Jesus in HD- moving from standard to high definition in our relationship with Jesus…”

We’ll be looking at a Bible story from the life of Jesus every week, and showing a video clip from the Lumo Project (sure to bring you in to the story). 

And we’ll reflect on questions like: Who is Jesus?  What was He really like?  Where am I in the story and what is Jesus saying to me?


No matter where you are in the journey you're welcome to join us.  To experience Jesus in this way can be life-giving and life-changing.  And that is the kind of hope we're after!  
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment