Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Noah

We just returned from 3 wonderful days with our first grandson Noah Gregory, born to son Levi and his beautiful wife Katie on October 8. Wow, what a time! Exhilarating, refreshing, staggering, invigorating, revitalizing. Felt every one of them. Katie took this pic of Levi, June holding Noah, and me.

On our last night Levi wanted to have a time of worship together. As he banged out a passionate worship song on guitar in
their small living room, tears streamed down Katie's face, June had her arm around me, I was holding Noah, doesn't get much better. Levi sang part of Psalm 84:

"How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God..."

The singing and guitar were delightful, and reeeally loud... What amazed me was Noah just slept peacefully against my chest.

I thought... Noah has heard Levi and Katie worship before - for nine months of pregnancy and every day at home after his birth :)

Thank God for the gift of Noah, for life, and the amazing ways He revives us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment